I have been making money (successfully) from internet from last 5 years. I have to say that it was the best journey I had. I quit my job 3 years back when I was sure enough that I can easily earn full-time from internet. Since then, I am fully self-employed and I have been making money from internet from my home. No office. No boss. No daily routine. I choose what I love to do. I choose my own working hours.
And most importantly, I believe that anyone can do it.
Yes, you can do it too. You can too earn money from internet and can get your first check from ClickBank in no time.
How I Earn Money Online From My Home
I have my own blogs and websites. All of them are affiliate sites and blogs so this means that I only make money from affiliate marketing. More importantly, I am only subscribed to a single affiliate network – ClickBank.
To keep things simple for you, I will start from day one when I created my first affiliate blog 3 years back. After I created my very first affiliate blog, I earned $1137 commission in first 14 days. I received $1289 check from ClickBank that was my first every check. Keep in mind, we are talking about someone who was absolutely new to affiliate marketing. No knowledge. Never opted for a course (free or paid).
Today, the average money that I make from my affiliate blogs is much more than this, of course.
Anyways, it is not important for you that how much money I earn from ClickBank but how you can earn money from ClickBank and how you can grab your first check from ClickBank.
Getting Started With ClickBank
The first step is to create your account at ClickBank. Click here to create a free affiliate account. After creating your account at ClickBank, you need to scroll through the “Marketplace”. Choose the category and sub-categories based on your interest. You need to choose a niche and a set of affiliate products/services within that niche.
The Right Way to Choose ClickBank Affiliate Products
- Most popular ones
- Products with gravity above 50.
Most of the times, you will see that popular products usually have gravity more than 50 thus in 90 percent of the cases, this means one and the same thing.
Does choosing a famous product is all you need? No, not all. If you will have all the famous affiliate products in your portfolio, you will find yourself competing a lot of affiliates. As the gravity of the product increases, the number of affiliate also increases because affiliates know that this is the hot product. They sell it because it is selling.
Therefore, what you need to do is choose another chunk of affiliate products and that would be all new products with zero gravity.
So you will have two chunks of affiliate products:
- Products with high gravity
- Products with zero gravity.
When you choose a new product having zero gravity, you are jumping in a no-competition zone. Such products usually have very low competition until these get famous.
This way, you will be competing in both the categories, thus increasing your chances of getting sales.
Create a Blog or Website
You need to create your own blog – not just a website with 5 or 10 pages. It is a good idea to buy your own domain from Namecheap. Buy baby hosting plan from Hostgator, get a free wordpress theme, install it and you are all set. Or choose whatever hosting service you need. It will not cost you more than $15 for domain registration for a year, and for hosting you will be paying $10 per month (which is quite cheap).
In any case, choose a domain name that is related to your niche, products or something. It is not necessary but might help you in future.
Once you have your blog setup, you need to start writing and publishing content on your blog. At this stage, don’t think of monetizing.
Start writing about your niche and publish one blog post a day for first 90 days. Yes, you have to do it.
If you have selected affiliate products in the weight loss niche, you need to make sure that you are writing about weight loss and nothing else. Add affiliate links in your posts. Add banners and ads in header, within posts and in the slider.
It is also a good idea to write reviews of the products within your niche. This is what I do a lot.
Towards Getting your First Check from ClickBank: Ways to Promote Your Blog
Creating a blog and then posting articles on it will not do anything for you. Without marketing, you will not see anytraffic on your blog. You need to tell people about your blog so that they visit your blog and buy something via your affiliate links.
You can choose free marketing methods rather you SHOULD choose free marketing tools. Avoid using paid methods at this stage.
Here is what you have to do in order to promote your affiliate blog for free.
On-page SEO is a big factor, but I will not discuss it because you can easily find a lot of helpful material about it all over the internet.
Instead I will tell you what I did to get my first check from ClickBank so that you can copy the same.
Marketing Plan That I Used To Promote My Affiliate Blog
- Of course it all starts with writing the content. As mentioned, you should write one blog post per day for first 90 days. There is no exception. Do not miss a single day. It is better to schedule posts in advance.
- Spend 1 hour every day in promotion of your blog. Yes, you just have to spare one hour a day. Overall, you need to spend 2 hours a day with your blog; one hour for writing a blog post and second hour for marketing.
- As soon as your post is published, share it on social media. Well you don’t have to do it manually, I use a plugin Social Networks Auto-Poster. This plugin shares your post instantly on your social networks including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Tumblr, Blogger, Twitter and many others. So you don’t have to do it manually every single day. (No time needed)
- Spend 10 minutes on forums that are supposed to be the top forums in your niche. Help others, write, reply, write new posts and be active there. It is recommended to be regular on at least 3 forums. (10 minutes daily)
- When you are searching for new updates, content for your blog, videos, pictures and any information about your blog, be sure to comment on other blogs and sites. For instance, if you are looking for ‘How to convert wordpress tags into categories’. So when you find a post, leave a nice comment on the post with a backlink to your blog or a post. This is a very healthy activity. (10 minutes daily)
- Comment on YouTube videos, answer to latest Yahoo Answers questions that are relevant to your niche and comment on other posts, articles and social media sites all over the internet. Make sure that you include a backlink to your blog or a specific post. (20 minutes daily)
- Find relevant blogs, sites and webmasters. Use Google Blog search for finding relevant blogs. What you need to do is send email requests to these blog owners and tell them about your newly published blog post. You will just have to find the relevant blogs and sites every day, you don’t have to write email every single day because you will be using a pre-written email. What you need to do is allow those blogs to use your newly published post on their blog BUT with a backlink to your blog. It is good to share your post as long as you are being credited for the post. This is indeed very good for getting targeted traffic. (20 minutes daily)
This is how you should utilize your 60 minutes of marketing every day.
If you will stick to this plan and will follow it as it is, I am pretty sure that you will get your first sale from ClickBank within first two weeks. Although there is no guarantee that you will earn a ‘certain fixed amount of money’ if you will follow my strategy, but there is one thing that I can guarantee, that this is a really nice way to work with ClickBank. Results may vary. Output may vary. But at the end of the day, you will earn money for sure.
It is now your turn.